The results section usually includes the following:
- the findings of the project, often in the form of data.
- comments on those findings which illustrate the significance of the results (these comments may also be included in the discussion)
- data commentary (see visual support)
A results section can also include possible deviations or unexpected results
- Find out whether a results section or combined results / discussion section is most common in your area
- Decide how relevant the data is to your discussion as to whether you include it in the results section or in an appendix
- Language: the results section tends to be written in the past tense
For useful phrases to use in discussing findings, click here for the University of Manchester's Academic Phrasebank.