General writing resources
Writing Guidelines for reports
- Chalmers Writing Guide. A 26 page document that is quite detailed. Chalmers Guidelines for BSc reports (In Swedish)
- Chalmers Writing Guide for Thesis Writing Chalmers Writing Guide
- Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL) OWL
- Academic writing in British English AWE
- Academic Writing in English at Birmingham City University Study guides
- Academic Writing in English at Lund University. A list of
resources subdivided into the following headings: Genres and text types,
The writing process, Grammar and words, Sources and referencing,
Academic integrity, LU templates, LU materials, LU glossary AWELU
- Guides and self tests on academic writing. Has a specific focus on academic writing Using English for Academic purposes
- Chalmers Library Reference Guide. A guide for APA, IEEE, and Harvard. There are also resources on Reference Management Software and a Research Guide Chalmers Library Guides
Report writing in engineering and science
- LabWrite for Students
This is a very useful online guide for structuring your lab report writing and your activities during laboraratory work.
- Engineering Communication Program (Toronto University) Online handbook
- Writing Guidelines for Engineering and Science (Virginia Tech)
- Colorado state university
Under writing and writing guides you'll find engineering specific guidelines.
- The Economist style guide
A comprehensive style guide similar to the one used by journalists at The Economist. Aimed at journalists but much can still be used in other genres of writing.